[U-Boot] CFI Flash write speed

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Aug 13 13:59:14 CEST 2009

Dear "A. Geisreiter",

In message <006201ca1c0c$55a62ea0$00f28be0$@de> you wrote:

> CFG_FLASH_USE_BUFFER_WRITE is already defined in the project-header file. I
> have configured the CPU registers for access the flash memory with maximum
> speed. But I think it is although very slow. If I use Windows CE to copy
> something to the flash memory I have transfer rates of 140kB/s. With U-Boot
> I have only 75kB/s.
> What else can I do to increase the transfer rate?

I guess the PXA270 suffers like all (?) ARM from the fact  that  data
cache  is  not effective. Jean-Christophe has been promising for some
time to submit patches that are supposed to fix this.

I have no idea though when these might hit mainline.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Hello! I'm from outer space,  and I've made myself look like a signa-
ture.  While  you  are reading this, I'm having sex with your eyes. I
know it feels good to you, because you're smiling. I'm very horny, so
send me to someone else when you've had enough. Thanks!
                              Sincerely, A Stranger in a Strange Land