[U-Boot] PCIe switch questions

dbrazeau dbrazeau1024 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 01:33:57 CEST 2009

Hi. I'm planning on using a IDT PCIe switch on our custom board with a
PPC_460 cpu.  I have searched the internet and haven't found much in the way
of references of using a IDT PCIe switch and a PPC with U-boot.  I was just
wondering if I should expect any issue with U-Boot/Linux communicating with
devices connected to the PCIe switch.

Are there special U-boot configuration requirement when using a PCIe switch?
I've looked online and in U-boot documentation and haven't seen a whole lot
of PCI configuration options except for the environment variable pcie_mode
and disabling the PCI bus altogether.

I just wanted to get some input and thoughts on what I should expect once I
get the hardware.  Thanks.