[U-Boot] PCIe switch questions

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Fri Aug 14 08:45:44 CEST 2009

On Friday 14 August 2009 01:33:57 dbrazeau wrote:
> Hi. I'm planning on using a IDT PCIe switch on our custom board with a
> PPC_460 cpu.  I have searched the internet and haven't found much in the
> way of references of using a IDT PCIe switch and a PPC with U-boot.  I was
> just wondering if I should expect any issue with U-Boot/Linux communicating
> with devices connected to the PCIe switch.
>
> Are there special U-boot configuration requirement when using a PCIe
> switch? I've looked online and in U-boot documentation and haven't seen a
> whole lot of PCI configuration options except for the environment variable
> pcie_mode and disabling the PCI bus altogether.
>
> I just wanted to get some input and thoughts on what I should expect once I
> get the hardware.  Thanks.

I know of at least one project with an PPC4xx (405EX in this case) used with
PCIe switches. IIRC, this is working fine in both U-Boot & Linux. So I
wouldn't expect too many problems on 460EX. And if there should be some
problem it should be possible to fix them.

Cheers,
Stefan

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-0 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: office at denx.de