[U-Boot] License Problems for standalone application at u-boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Aug 14 07:42:04 CEST 2009

Dear Peter,

in message <1250220295.7144.18.camel at nchen-desktop> you wrote:

> We have a standalone application, and u-boot will supply jump address
> and some services to this application.
> I wonder are there any license problems (GPL or u-boot) for our
> standalone application at below condition:
>
> 1. Some services which we wrote have included some u-boot header file?
> 2. All the services we wrote by ourselves, and not using any u-boot
> source code and header file?
>
> Currently, we are number 1 situation.

Please see the first paragraphs of the COPYING file that comes with
the U-Boot sources; this explains the GPL exception for standalone
programs.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The philosophy exam was a piece of cake  -  which  was  a  bit  of  a
surprise, actually, because I was expecting some questions on a sheet
of paper.