[U-Boot] BMP display.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Aug 17 11:33:50 CEST 2009

Dear Tuma,

please keep the mailing list on Cc: - thanks.

In message <200908171305.55605.chernigovskiy at spb.gs.ru> you wrote:

> > In message <200908131326.20857.chernigovskiy at spb.gs.ru> you wrote:
> > > I have LCD drivers from TI for OMAP3 evm board. I need to include this
> > > files to my current u-boot. I have .h and .c files with some functional I
> > > need. I want to call some functions implemented in this files from
> > > main_loop (). I
> >
> > You definitely do NOT want to do that. the main_loop is the command
> > interpreter. Don't mess with that code.
>
> Okay. We'll talk about it a little bit later.
>
> > > put .h files in the "include" directory, adn .c files to the "drivers"
> > > directory. Then I include appropriate .h file in main.c, compile and get
> > > error:
> > > "/root/GS/Taimen/U-Boot-Upgrader/common/main.c:343: undefined reference
> > > to `enable_lcd_power'".
> > >
> > > What do I do wrong? How new files should be added to the project?
> >
> > You also have to make sure these files get linked, so check the parts
> > of the Makefiles that include objects into the respective libraries.
>
> I understand what you've written but what file should I check?
> Maybe we should start from question - where (in what directories) I should put
> my new files? I have some .h files and few .c.

I cannot answer this question without knowing that these files
contain. Is this board specific code? Then it should go into your own
board directory. Is it OMAP3 specific, generic stuff? Then it should
probably go into the cpu/arm_cortexa8/omap3 directory. Is it driver
code? Then it should go into some directory below drivers/ - maybe
into drivers/video/ ?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The high cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.