[U-Boot] BMP display.

Tuma chernigovskiy at spb.gs.ru
Mon Aug 17 11:38:23 CEST 2009

On Monday 17 August 2009 13:33:50 you wrote:
> Dear Tuma,
>
> please keep the mailing list on Cc: - thanks.

> > > You definitely do NOT want to do that. the main_loop is the command
> > > interpreter. Don't mess with that code.
> >
> > Okay. We'll talk about it a little bit later.

> > > You also have to make sure these files get linked, so check the parts
> > > of the Makefiles that include objects into the respective libraries.
> >
> > I understand what you've written but what file should I check?
> > Maybe we should start from question - where (in what directories) I
> > should put my new files? I have some .h files and few .c.
>
> I cannot answer this question without knowing that these files
> contain. Is this board specific code? Then it should go into your own
> board directory. Is it OMAP3 specific, generic stuff? Then it should
> probably go into the cpu/arm_cortexa8/omap3 directory. Is it driver
> code? Then it should go into some directory below drivers/ - maybe
> into drivers/video/ ?

Yes, you're right - this is LCD driver (as I see it is based on some specific
i2c driver, so it should be included too). And not specific for the OMAP3 evm
board - OMAP3's display is only experimental for me now, final H/W will use
another LCD.
But I cannt find subdirectory "video" int "drivers". Do you mean "drivers" in
the root of U-Boot directory tree?

Thank you.

--
Software Developer