[U-Boot] Question about Netconsole

Jared Lewis Jared.Lewis at radisys.com
Tue Aug 25 18:29:35 CEST 2009

Hi Detlev-

I just wanted to let you know that I got Netconsole to work on my board.
It turned out that the NetLoop routine was halting and initialing the
TSEC driver over and over as part of the packet reception process.  This
was causing the interface to go up and down over and over and the
packets were getting missed.  My temporary workaround has been to update
the tsec init and halt routines so that they don't do anything if stdin
is configured to "nc" (I figure that the interface is already in use so
it doesn't need to be updated).  This seems to solve my problem for the
time being and lets me continue on.

Thank you for your suggestion.  I really appreciate your help.

Jared