[U-Boot] Question about Netconsole

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Fri Aug 28 11:51:33 CEST 2009

Hi Jared,

> I just wanted to let you know that I got Netconsole to work on my board.
> It turned out that the NetLoop routine was halting and initialing the
> TSEC driver over and over as part of the packet reception process.  This
> was causing the interface to go up and down over and over and the
> packets were getting missed.

Ok, so I was actually head on :)

> My temporary workaround has been to update the tsec init and halt
> routines so that they don't do anything if stdin is configured to "nc"
> (I figure that the interface is already in use so it doesn't need to
> be updated).  This seems to solve my problem for the time being and
> lets me continue on.

Why not post your changes and let others share your improvement?  Even
if it is of hackish nature, I'm sure that when you CC Ben Warren
(network custodian) he will also share his opinion on how to do it "the
right way".

> Thank you for your suggestion.  I really appreciate your help.

Glad that I could help.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
Practice random senselessness and act kind of beautiful.