[U-Boot] mpc8315 DDR2 controller

Marcos Cunha marcos at atlantico.com.br
Tue Aug 25 22:51:44 CEST 2009

Dears,

I am using u-boot 1.2.0 for mpc8315e processor with BDI2000 debugger in
a new design based on MPC8315ERDB.  Our board has a different DDR2 and
Flash memory. The flash memory works fine. The problem could be DDR2.

We are using Samsung K4T1G164QE DDR2 Memory.  I can read/write DDR2
memory with BDI2000, but I have problems when u-boot try to write the
first information in DDR2 memory (lib_ppc/board.c line 493 => *s-- = 0).
After that, the program does not work.

There is a breakpoint in this line. After the breakpoint accours, I do a
step command and I receive this message from gdb:

Program received signal SIGSTOP, Stopped (signal).
0x00001200 in ?? ()

It could be a problem with DDR2 configuration registers?

Thanks in advance,

Marcos Cunha
Electrical Enginner
Instituto Atlântico