[U-Boot] Xilinx LL temac update

Michal Simek monstr at monstr.eu
Wed Aug 26 09:50:08 CEST 2009

Hi Ben,
Ben Warren wrote:
> Hi Michal,
>
> monstr at monstr.eu wrote:
>> Hi Ben,
>>
>> I updated LL-temac driver - all fixes are there.
>> Ad to your point Microblaze uses only one ethernet core. It is possible
>> to use a lot of IPs but I don't have board like this to test it that's
>> why I don't want change it.
>>
> If it's possible, somebody will do it.  You don't need to have a board
> with more than one to test that it works, just create the data
> structures to encapsulate data that's specific to each instance, such as
> base address etc.  Look at the new CS8900 driver or SMC911X for examples
> of how to do this

If someone do it, then have to change that driver. I understand your opinion
but I don't need it now and it is paid IP core. It need more changes.
There is necessary change FIFO mode and phy handling + more changes in BSP
which generate parameters from HW design. It is necessary to do more complex changes.
I'll do that changes when phy lib is ready.

If you can, please add it to your net tree.

Thanks,
Michal

--
Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng)