[U-Boot] SD card support for U-boot 1.3.4

Jimmy Shergill uboot1.3.4 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 21:50:58 CET 2009

Hello All,

I am a new user of U-boot and Linux. Please bear with me. I have Atmel
AT91SAM9263-EK (ARM based) and have U-boot 1.3.4 running on it. Currently
U-boot, Linux Kernel and jffs2 root filesystem, all are in NAND flash and
work fine. We need to boot the evaluation kit from SD Card.

1. Does U-boot 1.3.4 supprt SD Card? If not, how can I make it supprot SD
Card or do I need more recent versions of U-boot?
2. Once SD card is supported by U-boot, how can I make it boot Linux and
load root filesystem from SD card.

Help will be greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks for your time and help.

Jimmy.