[U-Boot] MPC8567 - TEXT BASE boot rom question... Half the message was missing.. trying again..

Bob Winslow bob.winslow at sevis.com
Fri Dec 11 21:14:55 CET 2009

Hi all,

  MPC8567 u-boot question for the experts out there...

I must be doing something stupid, or I just don't understand how the
8567 boots from rom..., law entries, tables, etc...

Our board is using a MPC8567 with a 4 MEGByte boot rom flash (16
bit).... It has just 512MB of DDR2 memory(no ram on
the local bus).   I can get u-boot to come up to the prompt ok but only
with a rom image(u-boot.bin) of 4MEG BYTE size and
the settings in the files, see below.  I am using the BDI to write the
4meg image to the rom.

I guess I don't understand TEXT_BASE very well..  and how it relates to
the boot location: