[U-Boot] Crash nand init UPMA - NAND flash MPC832x

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Dec 20 19:40:41 CET 2009

Dear "nanda",

In message <20091220172434.48360.qmail at f5mail-237-207.rediffmail.com> you wrote:

> Our development needs NAND to be implemented from u-boot level. And our booting from FLASH depends of NOR flash using the GPCM.
>
> We are facing in the initialization of the nand_init, a crash in the dummy write during the UPM program based on the UPM mode of freescale MPC8323 in the code below:
>
> void UPMA_prog()
> {
> int i=0;
> // OP set to write to RAM array command
> *(int *)(MAMR) = 0x10000000;
> // Write word to RAM arrays
> for (i=0;i

There is no such code in mainline U-Boot. I recommend you look for
existing (and working) code examples when porting U-Boot to your
hardware. Note that you should use I/O accessor functions instead of
plain register writes.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Digital computers are themselves more complex than most things people
build: They have very large numbers of states. This makes conceiving,
describing, and testing them hard. Software systems  have  orders-of-
magnitude more states than computers do.           - Fred Brooks, Jr.