[U-Boot] Question on usage of #define in mpc83xx.h

Bill Cook cook at isgchips.com
Wed Dec 23 18:09:05 CET 2009

I have a board based on the Freescale MPC8313ERDB configuration. I was
having a problem with the output of the USBDR_DRIVE_VBUS pin (we have
flakey power on USB devices). I traced this to an incorrect configuration
of the SICRL register. The definition in mpc83xx.h for SICRL_USBDR is
0x00000C00 which seems to be a mask telling which bits control that pin.
However, when used in MPC8313ERDB.h and SIMPC8313.h board configurations
(and hence my configuration), it is or'd into the definition of
SICRL. The problem is that according to the reference manual setting both
bits
in this field is undefined.

So the question, are the #defines in mpc83xx.h meant to be bit masks? or
should
these (at least SICRL_USBDR) be changed to reflect intended usage?
Alternatively, the board configuration files should be updated to set this
field
correctly.  I see Ron Madrid <info at sheldoninst.com> as the maintainer of
SIMPC8313
and no one as the maintainer of the Freescale MPC8313ERDB.

Regards,
Bill Cook <cook at isgchips.com>