[U-Boot] Question on usage of #define in mpc83xx.h

Ron Madrid ron_madrid at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 23 19:21:00 CET 2009

--- On Wed, 12/23/09, Bill Cook <cook at isgchips.com> wrote:

> of the SICRL register. The definition in mpc83xx.h for
> SICRL_USBDR is
> 0x00000C00 which seems to be a mask telling which bits
> control that pin.
> However, when used in MPC8313ERDB.h and SIMPC8313.h board
> configurations
> (and hence my configuration), it is or'd into the
> definition of
> SICRL. The problem is that according to the reference
> manual setting both
> bits
> in this field is undefined.

I, like you followed the MPC8313ERDB.h config file.  However,
I have not seen the problems your are seeing.  Then again, I
am probably not testing the USB as vigorously as you are.
In the coming weeks I will be.

> So the question, are the #defines in mpc83xx.h meant to be
> bit masks?

I think that's what was intended since there are two bits
for most configurations of SICRL fields and only one #define,
not 4.

> Alternatively, the board configuration files should be
> updated to set this
> field
> correctly.

Will take care of mine after a consensus is reached.

Ron Madrid