[U-Boot] Board is not booting after flashing U-boot and hard reset

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Wed Dec 30 06:21:39 CET 2009

On Tuesday 29 December 2009 16:04:28 prakash bedge wrote:
> I am facing an error while flashing u-boot on my PPC4xx based board.

What kind of PPC4xx are you using (405EX, 440SP, 440EPx, 460EX...)?

> When I flash the u-boot on the PCI board I am developing, and hard reset
>  the board, then the board is not able to boot up.
> Also I am not able to debug the code as probe connection fails.
>
> Whar are the reason that I should check to see why the board is not booting
> up after hard reset.
> Is it fault in start.S or somewhere else in code I need to see?
>
> It would be great if someone who already have a solution on this
> porblem, share his experience.

I suspect some problems with the bootstrap configuration. Are you using a
fixed bootstrap option? Or are you using the bootstrap I2C EEPROM? If yes, is
this EEPROM configured correctly?

Cheers,
Stefan

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-0 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: office at denx.de