[U-Boot] Board is not booting after flashing U-boot and hard reset

prakash bedge embeddeddeveloper2009 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 11:04:50 CET 2009

Hi Stefan,

Why the below code start with the TLB1?

My U-boot image is supposed to boot from flash, so here #else condition is
valid in my case. I believe it should start from the TLB 0 entry. But I
think TLB0 is not selected.

code snippet from /cpu/ppc4xx/start.S

  addis    r0,0,0x0000
#ifdef CONFIG_SYS_RAMBOOT
    li    r4,0        /* Start with TLB #0 */
#else
    li    r4,1        /* Start with TLB #1 */
#endif
    li    r1,64        /* 64 TLB entries */
    sub    r1,r1,r4    /* calculate last TLB # */
    mtctr    r1

Here we are setting TLBs from 0-63.
#else
    bl    tlbtab        /* Get tlbtab pointer */
#endif
    mr    r5,r0
    li    r1,0x003f    /* 64 TLB entries max */
    mtctr    r1
    li    r4,0        /* TLB # */

I might be not very clear of above code. Please explain.

Thanks,
Prakash