[U-Boot] lcd_putc bug?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Feb 3 20:23:21 CET 2009

Dear Derek Ou,

In message <49889076.5010509 at siconix.com> you wrote:
> In the lcd_putc() of common/lcd.c, line 189 handles tab '\t'.  And the
> following lines:
>             console_col |=  8;
>             console_col &= ~7;
> seems to have problems.  If console_col is 9, it will become 8 after the
> above two lines, which means instead of tab of 8 spaces, it goes back
> 1.  Is this intentional or a bug?
>
> I think it should be console_col +=  8; instead of console_col |=  8;

I think you are right - can you please submit a patch?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A student of  probability  soon  realizes  that  by  its  nature  the
billion-to-one  chance  crops  up nine times out of ten, and that the
greatest odds boil down to a double-sided statement: it will  happen,
or it will not.         - Terry Pratchett, _The Dark Side of the Sun_