[U-Boot] PCI-E problems on Kilauea board

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue Feb 17 15:16:08 CET 2009

Hi Felix,

On Monday 16 February 2009, Felix Radensky wrote:
> I have several PCI-E related  problems on Kilauea board Rev 1.2
>
> 1. With u-boot v2009.01 and latest git I'm getting machine check
>     exception when PCI-E card is plugged into slot 0. There's no
>     problem if the same card is plugged into slot 1.
>
>     This seems to be a regression introduced after
> 2008.10-rc2-02699-g725c8dd
>     (version shipped on AMCC resource CD), as with this version both slots
>     function properly.
>
>     Any hints what could be the problem with latest u-boots ?

I just checked on my Kilauea and reproduced the problem. No, I don't have any
clue right now where this problem is generated. I can't remember any issues
with PCIe slot 1 on Kilauea.

Perhaps you could try to find the git commit introducing this issue by
using "git bisect"?

<snip>

> 2. Another problem is that in bootstrap configuration B (CPU - 333 Mhz,
> PLB 166MHz)
>     PCI-E cards are not recognized in any slot. This happens with all
> u-boot versions I've
>     tested. Linux also does not recognize PCI-E cards. Kilauea board
> manual says that PCI
>     clock is determined by CPLD. Could it be CPLD/FPGA bug ?

Is bootstrap option C working?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Stefan