[U-Boot] [RFC] Build errors in u-boot mainline and daily builds

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jan 3 21:08:41 CET 2009

Dear Jerry Van Baren,

In message <495FA045.6050909 at gmail.com> you wrote:

> >> * Is it appreciated if I post the build results in a daily post to the
> >> mailinglist, _if_ there is a build failure? (No news is good news)
> >> What format is preferred?
> >
> > Please do not post such results here.
>
> Wolfgang: I would suggest another mailman list.  Interested parties can
> subscribe to it, disinterested parties can look in the list archives if
> they need to.  There probably isn't a need for long term archives, say 6
> months (~2-3 releases).

Setting up a mailing list is trivial - but will it be really useful /
used? Speaking for myself, I have to  admit  that  I  would  probably
store the messages in a folder - and soon start to forget them there.

> >> * Or is it preferred to post the results on a website?
> >
> > Yes, that would be beter, IMO.
>
> Web sites are awfully easy to ignore/forget. :-/

Hm... So are e-mail messages once they are filed away. A web site
wastes the storage only once ;-)

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I must follow the people.  Am I not their leader? - Benjamin Disraeli