[U-Boot] usb console in u-boot

Remy Bohmer linux at bohmer.net
Wed Jan 14 09:11:53 CET 2009

Hello,

> Did anybdy is having idea abt usb console in u-boot i.e development of usb
> serial emulation(CDC_ACM).I am using smdk2440 development board.

There is a driver 'drivers/serial/usbtty.c' in the u-boot tree, in
case you mean something like that.

And in case someone wants to port the linux CDC_ACM driver to Uboot, I
was working on the CDC-Ethernet support in U-boot and have the
complete patch series here, it is based on the gadget layer of Linux
also.
It is not mature yet, but at least it already works on some ARM cores.
I am thinking of making it a separate branch in the u-boot-usb tree.

Kind Regards,

Remy