[U-Boot] usb console in u-boot

pgssgp pradep at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 10:17:01 CET 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 12:11 AM, Remy Bohmer <linux at bohmer.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>> Did anybdy is having idea abt usb console in u-boot i.e development of usb
>> serial emulation(CDC_ACM).I am using smdk2440 development board.
>
> There is a driver 'drivers/serial/usbtty.c' in the u-boot tree, in
> case you mean something like that.
>
> And in case someone wants to port the linux CDC_ACM driver to Uboot, I
> was working on the CDC-Ethernet support in U-boot and have the
> complete patch series here, it is based on the gadget layer of Linux
> also.
> It is not mature yet, but at least it already works on some ARM cores.
> I am thinking of making it a separate branch in the u-boot-usb tree.

IIRC, OpenMoko uboot already has support for usb serial emulation (CDC_ACM).
The basic cdc_acm patch came from the handhelds.org SX1 project, and
Harald Welte added
support for s3c2410 USB device controller driver for u-boot
I was able to test CDC ACM on smdk24a0 after making some modifications
to the above patch.
Regards,
Pradeep