[U-Boot] [ARM] Environment variables not available during console initialisation?

Guennadi Liakhovetski lg at denx.de
Thu Jan 15 08:33:11 CET 2009

Hi,

a user is reporting, that setting "silent" and "baudrate" environment
variables on ARM have no effect on the console bahaviour. I didn't test
this but looking at the code it looks logical - the console is initialised
before environment variables are read. Question - is this a bug that has
to be fixed, or is there no good fix for this, because we really want to
have console initialised ASAP - before the driver for the environment
storage is initialised?

Thanks
Guennadi
---