[U-Boot] [ARM] Environment variables not available during console initialisation?

Ulf Samuelsson ulf.samuelsson at atmel.com
Thu Jan 15 20:42:48 CET 2009

tor 2009-01-15 klockan 08:33 +0100 skrev Guennadi Liakhovetski:
> Hi,
>
> a user is reporting, that setting "silent" and "baudrate" environment
> variables on ARM have no effect on the console bahaviour. I didn't test
> this but looking at the code it looks logical - the console is initialised
> before environment variables are read. Question - is this a bug that has
> to be fixed, or is there no good fix for this, because we really want to
> have console initialised ASAP - before the driver for the environment
> storage is initialised?

Yes, I am aware of this.
I noticed this problems about six months ago.
The environment vairable "baudrate" is read
before SPI is initialized and that means
that you cannot get the value when
the environment is in a dataflash.
I do not know if this affects the operation
if the environment is in normal flash.

> Thanks
> Guennadi
> ---