[U-Boot] Problems with USB mass storage on at91sam9263

Stelian Pop stelian at popies.net
Fri Jan 16 17:30:36 CET 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 07:53:29PM +0100, Remy Bohmer wrote:

> Hello,

Hi,

> 2009/1/14 Paal Bakken <pabakken at online.no>:
> > I have problems with usb mass storage in u-boot.
> > We have our own at91sam9263 board, but I experience exactly the same problems on the standard at91sam9263ek. And the usb-port AND memory stick works fine in linux. I have tried both FAT and FAT32. Below follows an edited screendump of some usb commands with a u-boot snapshot version from 13.01.2009.
>
> The current version should work, indeed a lot has been done in that
> area for these cores. However, IIRC there were some problems with the
> bootstrap code not initialising the PLLB correctly, which resulted in
> similar errors. I thought that Stelian got it to work finally on this
> particular core as well, so maybe he can confirm this. (I concentrated
> the patches on the sam9261)

I do reproduce exactly the same kind of problems here. As I originally said
in my October 9 mail (Message-Id: <1223564465.6130.20.camel at galileo>),
correcting the bootstrap PLLB settings made USB work, but USB storage
did work only with one of my three USB sticks.

I suspect the rest of the issues to be USB specific and not hardware
specific at this point, but I haven't looked closer into it.

Stelian.
--
Stelian Pop <stelian at popies.net>