[U-Boot] Resubmitting plus update.

Thomas Delbeke toom2079 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 14:43:55 CET 2009

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 22:29:37 +0000
From: "Thomas Delbeke" <toom2079 at gmail.com>
Subject: [U-Boot] Winphlash
To: u-boot at lists.denx.de

Hi there,

I am new here. Just wanted to ask you: is there a precompiled u-boot version
available that I can flash with a tool like for instance Winphlash, that
will work.

I am a medium experienced ubuntu hobbyist and I tried to install it from
there. I tried to follow the cook book from your website. I git cloned your
rep and did the config make install thing. Then I tried crossmake, but the
given package wasn't installed (I forgot the name) and the build of it
failed. I could obviously use another java-crosscompiler from the ubuntu rep
(found trough synaptic).

I just prefer the Windows way, as I now the Winphlash thing works and I
don't want to find out that I have to reflash my BIOS with a live FREEDOS
disk because my system is now inoperable.

Thanks for reliefing me from my ignorance,

Thomas

Update: Also see:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=6564773#post6564773

*u-boot*
------------------------------
Hi there,

did anyone install this yet or has an alternative. I would like it because I
need to install more RAM into my Acer. According to Acer's specs this is
possible, but the Phoenix BIOS is not allowing for that.

Also a friend of mine wants to downgrade his Toshiba to XP (see bug #314498
- it is about wine, but it is not the fault of wine as I checked the Toshiba
forum and many people have the problem; there is some gdb output, but I
suspect it is garbage), but the Vista BIOS does not allow for itself to be
replaced. (This thing I can possibly fix with a live XP USB stick - or
FreeDos, but I could not find the mount point, go figure ...)

I tried to install it from ubuntu but got stopped for now, as I could not
get the package for crossmake compiled correctly (I forgot the name). I can
off course go for another java cross compiler from synaptic, but before I
actually install the BIOS, I would like some feedback here if possible. Is
there a precompiled version ready to flash under windows (xp or vista)?

Sorry if this thread already exists, but I cannot search for it due to bug
#318115:

Database Error Database error
The Ubuntu Forums database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:

* Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
* Open the ubuntuforums.org home page, then try to open another page.
* Click the Back button to try another link.

The ubuntuforums.org forum technical staff have been notified of the error,
though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
  [image: TDFlanders is online now] [image: Report
Post]<http://ubuntuforums.org/report.php?p=6564773>   [image:
Edit/Delete Message]<http://ubuntuforums.org/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=6564773>
Thanks,

Thomas