[U-Boot] boot linux kernel from NAND

roundrobin iram.shahzad at jp.fujitsu.com
Wed Jan 21 10:02:42 CET 2009

Hi

We have a custom board where we are using u-boot to
boot linux kernel from NOR flash. This is working alright.

However, we are planning to replace the NOR flash with
NAND flash. There will be no NOR flash on the board.
So I need to boot linux kernel from NAND.

My question is what works do I need to do so that u-boot
can boot linux from NAND? Do I need to implement something
like a NAND driver for u-boot, or do I just need to modify
some u-boot configurations?

By the way, I am talking about booting linux kernel, not u-boot
itself. u-boot itself will be loaded from NAND and kicked by using
a feature of the board which I am not clear at the moment.

Many thanks in advance for any info on this.

Best regards
Round Robin