[U-Boot] Pull request u-boot-blackfin.git

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Sat Jan 24 00:28:03 CET 2009

On Friday 23 January 2009 17:43:23 Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <200901231708.18378.vapier at gentoo.org> you wrote:
> > > Please clean up your repo, and focus on Blackfin specific stuff in
> > > the future. Thanks.
> >
> > they are patches by me that people have either acked or they're the
> > latest and no one has responded with any problems.  since you have yet to
> > apply them, i figured it would be easier for you to pull rather than me
> > constantly pinging the same e-mail over and over since they are not in
> > any code location that is "owned" by any other tree.  i'm not trying to
> > "sneak" anything in.  after all, it's kind of hard when it's all pretty
> > damn clear what the changes are in the summary.
>
> If you are trying to help, there are other, better ways:
>
> - You can post Acked-by: or even better Tested-by: messages
>   (now *that* would be really helpful!)
>
> - You can apply such patches to a *separate branch* in your repo (or
>   somewhere else), and then post a summary Acked-by: or  Tested-by:
>   message

i dont see how those are relevant here seeing as how they all have my Signed-
off-by tag ... that implies both my ack and test.

i figured pinging every non-Blackfin-specific patch by me would be more time
consuming than a simple pull request for you.  would it be ok if i used a
different branch then and indicated in the summary along those lines ?

i.e. something like:
Subject: Pull request u-boot-blackfin.git non-blackfin
Message:
Here are patches by me that are not Blackfin-related, but have all been posted
previously without any more review.

The following changes since commit 4d0b54685c5c656023b826089ef8cc0ea1c5cd9e:
  Haavard Skinnemoen (1):
        Merge branch 'fixes'

are available in the git repository at:

  git://www.denx.de/git/u-boot-blackfin.git non-blackfin

> But applying unrelated patches to your Blackfin repo is not helpful.
> If every custodian was doing this, we would have a terrible mess very
> quickly and I had no chance to understand who is doing what or what is
> coming from where.
>
> Please use the Blackfinn repo for Blackfin specific stuff only (at
> least the master branch for which you send pull requests in your
> position as a custodian).

np
-mike