[U-Boot] Pull request u-boot-blackfin.git

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jan 23 23:43:23 CET 2009

Dear Mike Frysinger,

In message <200901231708.18378.vapier at gentoo.org> you wrote:

> > Please clean up your repo, and focus on Blackfin specific stuff in
> > the future. Thanks.
>
> they are patches by me that people have either acked or they're the latest and
> no one has responded with any problems.  since you have yet to apply them, i
> figured it would be easier for you to pull rather than me constantly pinging
> the same e-mail over and over since they are not in any code location that is
> "owned" by any other tree.  i'm not trying to "sneak" anything in.  after all,
> it's kind of hard when it's all pretty damn clear what the changes are in the
> summary.

If you are trying to help, there are other, better ways:

- You can post Acked-by: or even better Tested-by: messages
  (now *that* would be really helpful!)

- You can apply such patches to a *separate branch* in your repo (or
  somewhere else), and then post a summary Acked-by: or  Tested-by:
  message

I would really appreciate such help.

But applying unrelated patches to your Blackfin repo is not helpful.
If every custodian was doing this, we would have a terrible mess very
quickly and I had no chance to understand who is doing what or what is
coming from where.

Please use the Blackfinn repo for Blackfin specific stuff only (at
least the master branch for which you send pull requests in your
position as a custodian).

Thanks.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Our business is run on trust.  We trust you will pay in advance.