[U-Boot] no flush_cache() call at the end of do_fat_fsload?

Scott Coulter scott.coulter at cyclone.com
Thu Jan 29 15:47:15 CET 2009

Hi all,

Maybe a stupid question, but does anyone no why there is no call to
flush_cache() at the end of do_fat_fsload()?  I haven't tried it on the
latest u-boot, but I had an issue the other day where I was trying to
load a VxWorks image from a Compact Flash card on a MPC8572-based board.
The same image booted fine with tftpboot, but when I loaded the image
off of the CF card using the fatload command, the image didn't boot.  I
confirmed that image was copied faithfully into DRAM.  I then noticed
that the tftpload command (netboot_common) has a call to flush_cache()
after the download to memory completes, so I added the following to the
end of do_fat_fsload():

	/* flush cache */
	flush_cache(offset, size);

	return 0;
}

Then the image booted...

Thanks,
Scott

  Scott N. Coulter
  Senior Software Engineer

  Cyclone Microsystems
  370 James Street              Phone:  203.786.5536 ext. 118
  New Haven, CT 06513-3051      Email:  scott.coulter at cyclone.com
  U.S.A.                        Web:    http://www.cyclone.com