[U-Boot] Enabling POST for canyonlands board

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Thu Jan 29 16:47:05 CET 2009

Hi Afzal,

On Thursday 29 January 2009, Afzal Nadirshah wrote:
>        Is the Power On Self Test enabled for the canyonlands board?

A quick look at the canyonlands config header shows that it's not enabled.

>        What I
> want to know is whether I need to set any macro while compiling, to enable
> POST.

Yes. I suggest you take a look at the kilauea.h header. Here POST is enabled
by default.

> I saw that there are some hot keys defined to start POST for certain
> boards. Is there anything defined like that for canyonlands board.How do I
> start the POST.

Some POST tests are run always after poweron, and some (longer) tests are only
run under certain conditions. doc/README.POST should give you an overview
here.

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de