No subject

Fri Jan 23 11:48:37 CET 2009

opt-out.  This may seem pragmatic, but it also follows the KISS
principle.

>> The patch should add such a description to the documentation.
>>
> Absolutely.  This is an RFC and if we can reach agreement that it's a
> good thing, all the appropriate documentation will be revised.
>> Also, we should remove / adapt existing code that performs basicly the
>> same action.
>>
> Most if not all drivers currently have a private function for
> programming MAC addresses.  We can either modify them as time goes by,
> or I'll take on the effort of fixing them all up with the obvious caveat
> that very little testing will be performed by me.

While looking at all this, I came to the conclusion that this is quite a
lot to fix, so I would vote for incremental changes on a per-driver
level.  Maybe provide a deprecated #warning or something comparable to
NET_MULTI.

In any case -

Acked-by: Detlev Zundel <dzu at denx.de>

And I will surely help you transform drivers that I can test!

Cheers
  Detlev

--
Shin: a device for finding furniture in the dark.