No subject

Fri Jan 23 11:48:37 CET 2009

le to go wrong=2C
So=2C there is NO any OS=2C even real-time OS.

> > Actually=2C not directly based on u-boot=2C which is referenced often.
> >
> > But the process is very very similar.
> >
> > There is a mainloop in uboot code. Accordingly=2C in our project=2C aft=
er the boot process=2C the main()

> > function will also be entered=2C and cannot return.
> >
> > There is no any OS=2C and just a while(1){...} loop in the main() funct=
ion.

> > things are done in the while loop.
>
> This is *even worse* than using a standalone application=2C because a)
> you're heavily modifying U-Boot in a way that it was not designed for=2C
> whereas you could do it with a standalone app=2C which is the documented
> way of doing that kind of thing in U-Boot.
Actually=2C not modifying but referencing=2C we have source code of our own=
 written by ourself.

> > >(oh God. Does your code really have this line as you show it?)
> >
> > yes=2C
> >
> > to reference duart peripheral in mpc837xe-rdb board=2C structure duart8=
3xx_t defined by uboot is used.
> > [...]
>
> I did not mean to doubt the *functionality* of the code=2C but the
> programming style: it uses direct volatile accesses=2C which are not
> welcome in U-Boot where such accesses are provided for with macros=3B it
> uses base+offset style whereas U-Boot mandates C structs=3B and it uses
> magic constants.
yeah=2C I agress with you.=A0
It's just an example to show what we do.

> > ensured=2C which is that do not waste cpu time=2C and is as real-time a=
s possible.

> That in itself is in contradiction with using U-Boot. U-Boot has *no*
> reason to be real-time=2C and even less to provide real-time support to
> U-Boot standalone applications.
>
> > OS is out of our consideration now=2C and it is not determined by mysel=
f.

> If it is a question of physical resources=2C there are real-time OSes out
> there with limited footprint. If it is a question of price=2C there are
> free ones too. But one thing is sure: U-Boot is not what you want if you
> are required to have real-time -- or you'll have to add the real-time
> capabilities yourself=2C but then=2C you won't be able to ask for help on
> this list=2C which is devoted to the U-Boot mainline code.
Yes=2C this is the point. And you are right.
For this question=2C I won't ask for answers or suggestions on the list aga=
in.
I will try in another way to solve this question.
Many thanks=2C anyway.

 		 	   		  =