[U-Boot] Need assistance with increasing command line size on Cavium

Frank Svendsbøe frank.svendsboe at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 08:46:06 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 2:49 AM, Garrett Cooper<yanegomi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 7:06 AM, Detlev Zundel<dzu at denx.de> wrote:
>> Hi Garrett,
>>
>>>     Our group is running into command line length issues with a number
>>> of Cavium boards we have at our office (CN38xx, CN5xxx), and I was
>>> wondering (apart from the Linux kernel command line length), where I
>>> would look to increase the size for the command line that's passed
>>> from U-boot to the Linux kernel, as well as maybe which config file I
>>> should be modifying to enact these changes.
>>
>> First thing would be to ask whoever provided you with the code ;)
>>
>> If this doesn't help, check the code in lib_mips/bootm.c.  Especially
>> linux_params_init.  Also be sure to check what gd->bd->bi_boot_params is
>> on your boards.
>>
>> As I cannot see any Cavium support in mainline U-Boot, when can we
>> expect the patches adding support to be posted? :)
>
> Crud. If they've been hacking U-boot, then I can't say when it can be
> released as I don't own the code :(...
> -Garrett

If they've use U-boot and did modification to the source code, the GPL state
that they must make their modification available for the public (under the
same license).

Since it's already available for consumers, I guess that the port development
is finished? Just send them an e-mail and ask for the U-Boot support patch for
their product.

- Frank