[U-Boot] Copyright/License text in cpu/ppc4xx/4xx_pci.c

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Thu Jul 9 11:00:18 CEST 2009

On Thursday 09 July 2009 10:44:13 Matthias Fuchs wrote:
> I just checked the nine years old initial version of 405gp_pci.c:
>
> http://ppcboot.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ppcboot/ppcboot/cpu/ppc4xx/405gp_
>pci.c?revision=1.1&view=markup
>
> I do not see that this file has anything in common with the current
> 4xx_pci.c code! One could say that setting up the PMM registes looks a
> little as is comes from the old IBM code, but can writing zeros into some
> registers really stop us from cleaning up this license issue?

Yes, those files don't have much in common any more. Only some comments (which
could be removed or rewritten) and and the sequence of some register
initialisation. But again, IANAL and I don't really know if we can remove the
IBM header with such a history.

> If so, I see no way to reach the GPL cleanup goal.
>
> I will submit a cleanup patch for the 4xx_pci.c when we are common in this
> point. I also request "Ack-bys" at least from you and Stefan on my patch to
> not have one foot in the grave :-)

Heh, don't be such a coward! No risk, no fun! ;)

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de