[U-Boot] U-Boot 1.3.3 for the Toradex PXA270 (BSP 5.0)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jul 14 19:47:40 CEST 2009

Dear Velu pandian,

In message <49c43a250907140907w295d3297g711bf93ea4a29902 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> My name is Velu and I am from the University of Michigan. Currently I am
> leading one of the sub-systems where we are trying to use the Toradex PXA270
> as a micro controller for a cube shaped satellite (CUBESAT) which is to be
> launched by the end of this year. I have been runnign into problems
> compiling u-boot for the PXA 270. Below is my terminal output when I run the
> make file. I would greatly apreciate it if you could provide me with some
> support so that I can proceed with finishing my task for the summer.

Just to make sure there is no misunderstanding: this list is not  for
providing  support  in  the  sense  of what you get with a commercial
support contract (you can get commercial support too,  but  not  here
and not for free).

> [root at localhost u-boot-1.3.3-colibri_pxa270]# pwd

U-Boot 1.3.3 is very old. I strongly recommend to use current code
instead, i. e. v2009.06 or later.

> [root at localhost u-boot-1.3.3-colibri_pxa270]# make colibri_config
> Configuring for colibri board...

Argh... You are using an out-of-tree port. I guess you got to ask
those for help who provided this port to you. We don;t know it and
cannot help you with it.

> [root at localhost u-boot-1.3.3-colibri_pxa270]# make
> make: arm-linux-gcc: Command not found

Argh.. You don;t have a cross tool chain installed, or at least not
configured. You need that. You could for example unse the ELDK; see
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/ELDKAvailability

> /bin/sh: line 2: gcc: command not found

Arrrghh... you don;t have a native tool chain installed either. Your
Linux system is missing basic tools needed for C development. You
gotta install the needed tools first.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
We are all agreed that your  theory  is  crazy.  The  question  which
divides  us  is  whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being
correct. My own feeling is that it is not crazy enough.  - Niels Bohr