[U-Boot] arm, i2c: added support for the TWSI I2C Interface

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jul 18 14:57:54 CEST 2009

Dear Heiko Schocher,

In message <4A61C602.10904 at denx.de> you wrote:

> I don;t understand you here. You have a "CONFIG name convention cleanup"
> patch somewhere? Is this somewhere discussed, how this should
> look like? (I think, a "CONFIG_DRIVER_I2C_xxx" would be good)

It never has been discussed or even mentioned before.

Jean-Christophe, I recommend you accept Heiko's patch as is (as it was
submitted before your patch), and then just regenerate your patch
(which is trivial for you to do as you have the script ready).

> >> +static unsigned int i2c_bus_num __attribute__ ((section (".data"))) = 0;
> >> +#if defined(CONFIG_I2C_MUX)
> >> +static unsigned int i2c_bus_num_mux __attribute__ ((section ("data"))) = 0;
> > 								.data
> >> +#endif
> > no need of put it in section .data on arm
>
> Hmm.. I am not an arm expert ...

I disagree with Jean-Christophe here. Do not change this code.

> >> +void
> >> +i2c_init(int speed, int slaveadd)
> >> +{
> >> +	mv64xxx_i2c_hw_init();
> > impossible to specify a speed?
> > or update it at runtime?
>
> This is configurable through the CONFIG_I2C_MV64xxx_FREQ_M and
> CONFIG_I2C_MV64xxx_FREQ_N defines. Hmm... I ported this more or
> less directly from Linux. But you are right, I looked in the
> CPU manual, it should be easy to calculate this two values,
> so I change this.

Thanks.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
How much net work could a network work, if a network could net work?