[U-Boot] bootelf and command line arguments

Thomas Dörfler Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Sat Jul 18 22:08:54 CEST 2009

Hello,

up to now I have worked in private with U-Boot and adapted it to a
user-specific MPC5121e based board. We have worked out how we want to
use U-Boot and soon would like to commit the board specific (and not so
specific) source code changes and additions.

Now we have hit a strange point. the "bootelf" command obviously is
prepared to pass argc/argv to the called program. But in its command
list entry, the number of maximum arguments is limited to 2, which
allows only the command itself and the address of the elf image in
memory to be specified.

I have modified the maxargs field to be CONFIG_SYS_MAXARGS, which works
fine. So my questions are:

- Is there any useful reason why the bootelf command is limited to
maxargs=2?

- Would anybody mind if I commit a patch to change maxargs to
CONFIG_SYS_MAXARGS?

wkr,
Thomas Doerfler.

Embedded Brains GmbH
Thomas Doerfler        Obere Lagerstrasse 30
D-82178 Puchheim       Germany
email: Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Phone: +49-89-18908079-2
Fax:   +49-89-18908079-9