[U-Boot] bootelf and command line arguments

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jul 18 22:21:27 CEST 2009

Dear Thomas Dörfler,

In message <4A622BD6.2070303 at embedded-brains.de> you wrote:

> - Is there any useful reason why the bootelf command is limited to
> maxargs?

No. git blame shows that this entry has never been changed, so I guess
it just went unnoticed so far.

> - Would anybody mind if I commit a patch to change maxargs to
> CONFIG_SYS_MAXARGS?

No, on contrary - I consider this a bug fix.

I recommend to submit a (separate) patch for this ASAP so it can go in
into the upcoming release.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Anyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic  means
is, of course, living in a state of sin."          - John Von Neumann