[U-Boot] [RFC] CONFIG naming convetion

Alessandro Rubini rubini-list at gnudd.com
Mon Jul 20 10:02:26 CEST 2009

>> > I dosagree, the "DRIVERS" part is just added line noise.
>>
>> It's a name space - making sure it is differentiated from an option.
>
> Yeah, and we end up with variable names that cannot be used any more
> because they exceed the maximum line length.

What about "DRV" or even "D" if you insist?   CONFIG_D_I2C_SOFT ?

I personally find the config files pretty unreadable. Options that
enable a driver should be different from those that select a
behaviour, in my opinion.

While people responsible for their board know all the stuff they
wrote, but when someone undergoes a more general code change several or
all config files must be checked. A driver namespace would help, in my
opionion.

/alessandro