[U-Boot] Rejected: PATCH Nios2 kernel bootstrap error due to missing processor data cache flush: fix

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jul 22 16:54:56 CEST 2009

Dear Wolfgang Wegner,

In message <20090722103358.GW20598 at leila.ping.de> you wrote:

> > Um... and instead of maintaining several private source trees you
> > should consider poushing your code upstream, so that others do the
> > maintenance for you.
>
> The intention is to do so with my next project at work - but again it
> depends on how much time is left after sorting out all the low-level
> hard- and software bugs.

I strongly recommend to include the time for the upstream-pushing
into your next project schedule, right from the beginning. Consider
it an important quality-assurance measure - where else do you get a
large number of highly qualified experts reviewing your code _for_
_free_ ?

Otherwise you might find yourself in a situation  (again)  where  you
will  have  to  realize  that we never get assigned enough time to do
things right - but always to do them twice.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Use the Force, Luke.