[U-Boot] Question about big-endian for u-boot

patrick_ye at ulinkcom.com patrick_ye at ulinkcom.com
Mon Jul 27 03:38:38 CEST 2009

Hi,Dear Sir:

 I want to port u-boot to ARM4510 with big-endian, but I failed.

The error shows like this:

/root/usr/local/arm/3.3.2/bin/arm-linux-ld: common/libcommon.a(crc16.o):
compile with little-endian but the target is big-endian.

I have modified CFLAGS and AFLAGS by adding option “-mbig-endian” and
u-boot.lds by modifying OUTPUT-FORMAT.  Some C files and assambly files are
passed but only some lib failed(just like above).

Would you please give your suggestion?  Thank you!

Patrick