[U-Boot] REJECT: Too many recipients to the message

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Mon Jun 1 20:39:45 CEST 2009

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> there is an increasing number of postings  with  loooooong  lists  of
> recipients  (10  addresses  and  more);  usually several of these are
> regular and active users of this mailing list  so  this  is  actually
> redundant;

It is not redundant -- including a person in the CC list brings the mail
to their attention faster (and with less chances of missing it) than if
they have to pick it out of the list.

Though it seems that sometimes I don't get a copy delivered directly to
me, but only the list e-mail -- even though I'm in the CC.  I think this
happens when the mail is sent from someone @denx.de, so the server
discards the duplicate, defeating the whole point of CCing a particular
person.

> for  the  remaining addresses question is if these people
> really need to  be  informed,  and  if  so,  if  they  should  rather
> subscribe  to the list (or if a company-internal mailing list address
> should be used instead).
>
> So far, I have manually ACKed all postings  that  were  helt  by  the
> mailing  list software because of too many recipients. From now on, I
> will not do this any more, but rather reject those messages.

How about reconfiguring the list software instead?

-Scott