[U-Boot] REJECT: Too many recipients to the message

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue Jun 2 08:53:17 CEST 2009

On Monday 01 June 2009 22:00:12 Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> > > there is an increasing number of postings  with  loooooong  lists  of
> > > recipients  (10  addresses  and  more);  usually several of these are
> > > regular and active users of this mailing list  so  this  is  actually
> > > redundant;
> >
> > It is not redundant -- including a person in the CC list brings the mail
> > to their attention faster (and with less chances of missing it) than if
> > they have to pick it out of the list.
>
> An email message is a message is a message, isn't it? The message on
> the list and the Cc: are identical, aren't they?

No, they not identical. For example my internal mail filtering will move all
mails directed to the list to a special u-boot list folder and those mails
addressed to me directly not. So I see all mails addressed to me in my inbox
which helps me to not miss anything relevant for me (ppc4xx etc).

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de