[U-Boot] No nandflash found if CONFIG_CMD_UBI is enabled.

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue Jun 2 09:27:21 CEST 2009

Hi Anders,

On Tuesday 02 June 2009 09:08:38 Anders Darander wrote:
> I'm trying to enable the UBI-support in U-Boot (later intending to
> also enable the UBIFS-support). This is on a AT91SAM9260-based system.
> I've verified the same behaviour using both the
> at91sam9260ek_nandflash_config and a forward-ported patch for the
> Olimex sam9_l9260 board. Currently I'm concentrating on the
> at91sam9260ek_nandflash_config, as this one is in the U-Boot
> repository.
>
> However, once I enable the UBI-support, the nand-flash chip is not
> detected... I've tried to trace the problem, and I've found that it is
> timer-related.

Which options did you define to enable UBI? apollon.h should be helpful as an
example here.

Ah, I see them in your patch below. Looks ok on first glance.

> It seems that once I enable CONFIG_CMD_UBI, the timer
> does not work (the debug-printf in the get_ticks()-function in the
> supplied patch is not printing). If I comment out CONFIG_CMD_UBI,
> U-Boot continously prints stuff like:
> Debug: timestamp=6
> Debug: timestamp=10215
> Debug: timestamp=21556
> which is expected.
>
> I'm compiling by running:
> make clean
> make at91sam9260ek_nandflash_config
> make
> and then flashing u-boot.bin to the board.
>
> The supplied patch works, unless the '#define CONFIG_CMD_UBI       1'
> is uncommented, in which case the get_ticks function in
> cpu/arm926ejs/at91/timer.c never seems to be called. I've sofar been
> unable to understand why.

Strange. This should have nothing to do with UBI at all. Sorry I have no clue
where this problem is coming from. Perhaps a "sleeping" issue that is
triggered by larger image size?

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de