[U-Boot] TSEC ethernet controller problems (crc errors / corruption)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jun 2 20:50:04 CEST 2009

Dear Ira Snyder,

In message <20090602162757.GA6979 at ovro.caltech.edu> you wrote:

> I've been working on a custom board, based heavily on the Freescale
> MPC8349EMDS board. The only major difference is that the board has some
> FPGAs connected to the local bus.
>
> I've found that the TSEC / gianfar ethernet does not work for me in
> 1000mbit mode. I constantly get "got error 4" from U-Boot, which means
> that a CRC error was detected by the TSEC controller.
>
> I have tried running the TSEC in 100mbit mode, without any problems. I
> can tftp as much data as I want in U-Boot, and I've transferred many,
> many gigabytes without issue in Linux. The problem is only with 1000mbit
> mode.

I read that the same problem happens in Linux when running at
1000mbit. Is this understanding correct?

Does running with root file system mounted over NFS work on this
board? Does it work at 1000mbit, too?

Did you try and re-check the memory controller initialization?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Spock, did you see the looks on their faces?"
"Yes, Captain, a sort of vacant contentment."