[U-Boot] TSEC ethernet controller problems (crc errors/corruption)

David Hawkins dwh at ovro.caltech.edu
Wed Jun 3 23:58:58 CEST 2009

Hi Dave,

>> The MPC8349EMDS config has had that setting since it was imported into
>> U-Boot. I've copied the relevant part of include/configs/MPC8349EMDS.h
>> below.
>>
>> #define CONFIG_SYS_SICRH SICRH_TSOBI1
>>
>> This seems wrong for the MPC8349EMDS board. I tried setting
>> the register
>> value to 0x0 by hand on my MPC8349EMDS eval board, and the
>> network still
>> works as expected.
>>
>> Is this a bug in the MPC8349EMDS config?
>
> IIRC, the MPC8349EMDS has one configuration LVDD for TSEC1/2 MAC-PHY
> interface,
> That is jumpers to choose 2.5v or 3.3v . It is possible we leave the
> mess in the code
> at that time.
>
> Please fix the bug according to real fact.

The MPC8349EA LVDD power is supposed to be 3.3V for GMII
and 2.5V for RGMII. As you comment, the evaluation board
has a jumper to select the power rail. By default the board
is setup for GMII with LVDD at 3.3V, so the TSEC impedance
bits should be left low.

The patch by Kim is correct for the MPC8349EA-MDS nominal
board configuration.

Cheers,
Dave