[U-Boot] Best way to submit this patch

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at ge.com
Thu Jun 4 14:29:06 CEST 2009

Mark Jackson wrote:
> I'm planning to submit a patch to add LCD support to the current main
> Denx (non-AVR32) git.
>
> It consists of the following changes:-
>
>  cpu/at32ap/at32ap700x/clk.c                       |    5 +
>  cpu/at32ap/at32ap700x/portmux.c                   |   90
> +++++++++++++++++++++
>  drivers/video/atmel_lcdfb.c                       |    5 +-
>  include/asm-avr32/arch-at32ap700x/chip-features.h |    5 +
>  include/asm-avr32/arch-at32ap700x/clk.h           |    6 ++
>  include/asm-avr32/arch-at32ap700x/portmux.h       |    5 +-
>  include/asm-avr32/global_data.h                   |    3 +
>  include/lcd.h                                     |    2 +-
>  lib_avr32/board.c                                 |   11 +++
>
> Can I submit this as a single patch (since it is *all* related to LCD
> support), or should I split it up into lots of little patches ?
>
> Regards
> Mark

Hi Mark,

Don't agonize over it, just post the patch.  The number of electrons you
kill by asking for direction/permission is roughly the same as the
number you kill by just submitting the patch.  Just hit send already.

(Based on the above stats, that is a small patch.  Hypothetically, it is
cohesive as well.  We have insufficient information to throw any
hypothetical stones at it.)

Best regards,
gvb