[U-Boot] Ethernet not working on OMAP3 board with

Pillai, Manikandan mani.pillai at ti.com
Mon Jun 8 08:19:21 CEST 2009

________________________________
From: John Rigby [mailto:jcrigby at gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 07, 2009 7:43 AM
To: Pillai, Manikandan
Cc: Josh Karabin; u-boot at lists.denx.de
Subject: Re: [U-Boot] Ethernet not working on OMAP3 board with

Does anyone know what the current status of this is?  I see the patched discussed in April was in net-next for a while then was removed with the understanding that it would go into master since it was a bug fix but I don't see it in master.
[Pillai, Manikandan] I tried some more things. If I remove the environment variable ipaddr, do a saveenv and then do a dhcp then it starts working
with the above change. It seems to work 5 times out of 5 I tested. Can somebody who faces the same issue try it and see it it works on their
setup.

Also Mani says that the patch does not fix master anyway but does fix arm-next.

Did I get that right?

Thanks
John
On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 3:43 AM, Pillai, Manikandan <mani.pillai at ti.com<mailto:mani.pillai at ti.com>> wrote:

> [...]
[Pillai, Manikandan] I tried with this commit and it works. If I use the v2009.06-rc1 tag with these changes it does not work.

smc911x: initializing
smc911x: detected LAN9115 controller
smc911x: phy initialized
Addrr = 0 1 2 2 4 4
smc911x: MAC 00:01:02:02:04:04
BOOTP broadcast 1
BOOTP broadcast 2
BOOTP broadcast 3
BOOTP broadcast 4

So guess there are some more changes that require to be done. Any ideas welcome.