[U-Boot] Boot from USB support for Kirkwood SOC

Prafulla Wadaskar prafulla at marvell.com
Thu Jun 11 09:42:58 CEST 2009

Dear Xiangfu Liu
To my development "Boot from USB Support" means, fetching kernel and rfs binaries from the file system/partition on storage connected on USB interface.
There will be native u-boot on NAND or SPI flash that will bring up the system
In the auto boot sequence through h/w triggers on the board like pushbutton/reset key we can initiate bootcmd for "boot_from_USB"
For this I need to support h/w driver for Kirkwood and u-boot USB framework.

This is one of good standalone method to recover system using USB interface (similar to pxeboot)
in case of small embedded systems it would be very useful.

FYI: Kirkwood h/w supports Boot from SF/NANDF/SATA/PEX/UART but not USB :-) as you referenced for JZ4740

Regards..
Prafulla . .